The title of the competition is: Sunglasses in Celebration of the Release of Cruella (the “Competition”)
How to Enter:
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited and subject to all applicable federal, provincial, local and municipal laws and regulations.
- Go to our websites www.tdtomdavies.com or www.catchlondon.net and download a helpful design template.
- You can submit your entry online:
- Website: Entrants to submit designs via the websites www.tdtomdavies.com or www.catchlondon.net Entrants must include: full name, email address, social media handles (optional) and confirm you meet the eligibility requirements set forth below.
- The Competition will run from 8th May 2021 (the "Opening Date") to 19th June 2021 (the "Closing Date").
- All Competition entries must be submitted by no later than 6.45pm on the Closing Date. All Competition entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted. House of Tom Davies will not accept:
- responsibility for Competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any posting failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- proof of posting as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition.
- By submitting a Competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The winner will be selected and announced on both @tdtomdavies or @catchlondonofficial Instagram pages at 18:00 GMT on 24th June 2021.
- The Competition is open to residents of the United States, United Kingdom aged 16 or over (“Entrants”). Minors must have their parent’s permission before participating.
- Entrants cannot be employees of Tom Davies or Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (“Disney”) or their parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, or of the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them, or members of their respective households (defined as people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not) or immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, step-parents, step-children, step-siblings and their spouses).
- House of Tom Davies will not accept Competition entries that:
- are not original designs
- copy of any other brand of eyewear.
- use intellectual property owned by Tom Davies or Disney
- There is a limit of one entry to the Competition per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- House of Tom Davies reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
- Judged by three judges: Simon Jones - Editor of Optician Magazine, Cally Squires - Editor of Sloane Square Magazine, Tom Davies - House of Tom Davies CEO
- Judges Simon Jones and Cally Squires are independent judges on the panel of judges
- Judging criteria:
- Entries will be judged on the idea behind the design, not the ability to draw.
- Entries will be judged on the originality of the design and something that could be created and produced in real life.
- There will be three judges, each judge will have one vote. Hence, there will be no tie-breaker.
- The first prize of the Competition is the winner’s design being handmade into a pair of sunglasses (“First Prize”) Approximate retail value of the prize: £595
- Next 20 runner-up prizes will receive a replica of one of the sunglasses as worn by Cruella seen in the film (“Runner Up Prize(s)”). Approximate retail value: £295
- First Prize and Runner Up Prizes will be collectively referred to herein as the “Prize(s)”. There is no alternative for the Prize, except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted if the original prize becomes unavailable for some reason.
- The Prize is handmade and supplied by House of Tom Davies. Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- The Prize is not negotiable, not redeemable for cash or transferable.
- In order to claim the Prize winners must meet all the eligibility requirements set forth in these terms and conditions and they must respond to the email sent by House of Tom Davies, as set forth below. If the winner is a minor in their state or country of resident, a parent or legal guardian must claim the Prize on the minor winner’s behalf.
- The decision of the House of Tom Davies is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- House of Tom Davies will contact the winners personally via email, on 24th June 2021, and winners must respond no later than 12pm on 30th June 2021. If the winner is a minor in their state or country of resident, all communication related to claiming a Prize must be between their parent/legal guardian and House of Tom Davies.
- If you object to any or all of your name or surname and winning entry being published, please contact House of Tom Davies PR email@example.com.
- All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner.
Claiming the Prize:
- The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf (except for a parent/legal guardian claiming on behalf of their minor child winner).
- House of Tom Davies will make all reasonable efforts to contact each winner. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed their Prize by 12pm on 30th June 2021, the winner's claim will become invalid.
- House of Tom Davies reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible Entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- House of Tom Davies does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the Prize.
- Requirements of Winners:
- The potential First Prize Winner must complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within ten (10) days of being notified. If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, if notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if House of Tom Davies determine in their sole discretion that the potential winner is ineligible, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place.
- If the winner is a minor in their state or country of resident, all communication related to claiming a Prize must be between their parent/legal guardian and House of Tom Davies.
- Winners agree not to publicly disclose that they are the Winners until authorized to do so by House of Tom Davies.
- House of Tom Davies will contact the winners personally via email, on 24th June 2021, and winners must respond no later than 12pm on 30th June 2021.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed their Prize by 12pm on 30th June 2021, the winner's claim will become invalid.
- First Prize will be posted to the winner after glasses are handmade (within six weeks). Runner Up Prizes will be posted within 48 hours of winners’ response.
Ownership of Competition entries and intellectual property rights:
- All Competition entries submitted to House of Tom Davies will become the property of House of Tom Davies on receipt and will not be returned.
- By submitting your Competition entry, you agree to:
- assign to House of Tom Davies all your intellectual property rights
- House of Tom Davies may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the Competition. You agree to grant House of Tom Davies a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Competition entry for such purposes.
- Sponsor: House of Tom Davies; 983 Great West Road, London, TW8 9DN. For the name of the winners (after 24th June 2021 and before 24th July 2021) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the aforementioned address.
- House of Tom Davies reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Prize or the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- You release and hold harmless the House of Tom Davies and Disney from any and all liability for claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including without limitation death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of a Prize; participation in the Competition or any Competition-related activity or from any interaction with, or downloading of, computer Competition information.
- Participants submission of an entry constitutes the grant to House of Tom Davies, Disney and assigns of an unconditional right to use his/her, name, address, voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and Prize information and/or statements about the Competition for any programming, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales; provided that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the intellectual property of Disney, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California, USA, and in the event of any dispute, all Entrants irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Los Angeles, California, USA to resolve such disputes.